The Last 30 Days
Updated: Feb 1, 2021
Reflecting on the last 30:
* So much joy on the bike; it's a miracle
* Shaken, stunned, shocked and scared by events of January 6, 2021
* Dawning a new day together
* Ignited, inspired and moved by Amanda Gorman (btw make sure you catch her cameo in the Super Bowl's pregame show)
* Bike ride with Alexa, Kara, Luke, Nan & Bill!!!
* Daily miracle of love and support with which I have been blessed
* SO many adventures on the bike that I feel gluttonous (see below for my update to those responsible for my transformative experience***)
* The deadly virus continues to ravage our world
* I turned 60
* I am the recipient of an over-the-top gourmet meal delivery service, called Nan! (my cousin!)
* I learned about the plight of bees...
Bees, Colony Collapse, Old Bottles & Their Stories
Whether you're already a bee supporter, lover of fire-lit flames or candles, passionate about protecting our climate, or just a curious soul, I think you'll be inspired by my friend's recent venture, The Hive Lives. Born of COVID-19, The Hive Lives and Nichole's story inspire me...take a look.
*** 25 January 2021; Update to my "Gifters"
Dear Friends & Family,
I hope this message finds all of you with hope and inspiration as we dawn a new day together. I thought I’d provide you with an update on my journey with the trike you got me. Here are the digits as of yesterday:
Mileage: 280 miles
Max: 32 mph
Ave: ~ 9 mph
# of rides: 18 (I think)
Ave miles/ride: ~16 (max ~23)
Last ride: yesterday
Next ride: today
Coldest: teens (windchill: 0/single digits, glorious bright sun, cloudless sky!)
Highlight Reel: riding with Nan, Bill and my kids on my bday weekend!!!
But THE most important stat, the JOY factor, is “hors categorie!!!” as we say en France…beyond categorization!!!*
The bike, a Kettwiesel trike, is true to its reputation, “the Swiss Army knife of recumbent trikes.” It turns on a dime, thrives off-road and on, climbs like a Beast, and no-one can tell when I click it into HIGH on the electronic boost!
T H A N K Y O U T H A N K Y O U T H A N K Y O U
Eternally Grateful & Forever Blessed,
*Hors catégorie (HC) is a French term used in stage bicycle races to designate a climb that is "beyond categorization". The term was originally used for those mountain roads where cars were not expected to be able to pass. The HC climb is the most difficult type of climb in a race.
Thanks for the endless poetic moments like the one below...
---------- B L A C K L I V E S M A T T E R ----------